The Monaca-East Rochester Bridge is one of the few major river crossings in Western Pennsylvania to be built in the 1950's. It was originally a toll bridge, although it became a free bridge in 1973. The bridge is unusual because the towers of the cantilever are relatively short. Compare the proportions to that of the Ambridge-Aliquippa Bridge or the Sewickley Bridge (in Allegheny County). The Monaca East Rochester was painted silver (aluminum paint) until its 1993 rehabilitation.
Beaver County, Pennsylvania